Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pictures!

In our compartment in the train. And YES he did sleep on the train, without drugs (in case you were questioning my parental skills). Once it got dark (and the battery on the laptop died) he got a little sleepy. He slept from about 10:30pm until 2am, which he thought was time to PARTY. I informed him that he was clearly mistaken and after some coaxing got him to go back to sleep until the sun started to come up about 5:30am.

Working in one of the puzzle books I got him.

The bridge over a large river outside Kiev, that I am sure my 9th grade Geography teacher would be appalled I did not know the name of.



As we were crossing over that unnamed river you could see this hillside with two beautiful churches. There are beautiful churches everywhere here.

Joseph and I on the balcony of our apartment in Kiev.

HAD to take a picture of this. This is the ONLY high top conversion van I have seen in Ukraine (and I have been on the look out). Apparently there is only one wicked cool person in Ukraine (and he/she lives somewhere near Kiev) that can rock the high top! I must say, I love this in black, my NEXT high top conversion van will be in all black like this one.

On our walk yesterday we happened upon the Romanian Embassy. Pretty isn't it? (But not nearly as pretty as the aforementioned black high top conversion van...)

At the pizza place we went to tonight. I made the mistake of assuming that since said pizza place was next to the ENGLISH SCHOOL that someone who worked at the establishment would speak a little ENGLISH. Joseph helped me order correctly though, very good dinner tonight!

One of the great joys of having children... getting to act like a kid again!

Here he is with his onion and hot dog (kilbasa) pizza.

1 comment: