Monday, March 7, 2011

Let the countdown begin...

It snowed yesterday evening. It seemed like a lot of snow for me in a few hours but what do I know about snow?!?! Here is Vladik Joseph making a snowball which he threw at me after I took this picture. :) The title of my blog post is "Let the countdown begin..." because from today it will be either 5 or 7 days until I get to walk out of the orphanage with Vladik Joseph for the first and last time. If all goes REALLY well I will get him on Saturday but worst case scenario I will get him on Monday. Either way, in a week or less, the day Keith, Jackson and I had talked about, worked towards, and dreamed about for months will finally be here. He will NO LONGER belong to the orphanage but to our family!
A tree in the orphanage yard. I thought it looked so beautiful with the snow on the branches.
I convince him to go outside and play and then he wants to play the iPod... outside.
Notice he is wearing red Doc Marten type of boots. You have to have participated somehow in the Grunge era of the 90s to respect these boots. I don't know where the orphanage got them but they are AWESOME!
Vladik Joseph took a picture of the spread on the table today for the Women's Day celebration that I got to participate in with his class.
Three boys in his class: from the left Alex, Mitchem, and Sasha. Alex and Sasha are kinda quiet, Mitchem... is not :)
Vladik shared the iPod momentarily to let Mitchem play.
The iPod certainly drew a crowd of boys. The girl on the right (Angela) was just sitting down to rest from dancing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment