Sunday, March 6, 2011

My LONG LAZY Sunday...


I did not go visit Vladik Joseph today. Sunday visits with the younger kids are a challenge because the main school building is shut down, Vladik does not have a cell phone so I can call and tell him I am there, and I am not allowed to just walk into his building. So I spent my Sunday hanging around Luhansk. I slept in and then went to the mall at about 10:15 to exchange some money so I could go shopping in the open air market. Nearly every booth was open and there were tons of people shopping. My goal was to find a present for Jax (and I did) which I will not reveal what totally awesome thing I got since he reads my blog too! In the beginning most of the booths have shoes (mostly womens boots) and clothing. But as I got further into it I passed an aisle full of booths selling bedding and linens. Then I passed he aisle of grocery products and the furniture aisle too. Then I found a large building to go into. I assumed that since this was actually a building (kinda like a warehouse) that the really awesome booths would be inside... I was mistaken. It was the meat market. I walked in and immediately wanted to get back out but the flow of the crowd made that impossible. So I walked through it to the exit on the opposite side. It was at least the size of half a football field and there were tables/counters everywhere I looked of raw meat! It is not a way in which I am accustomed to shopping for meat for dinner. I so wished I had brought my camera. After I made as quick of an exit as possible I ended up passing the fish booths. Whole, stinky fish. I made my way back out the main street and meandered through the street vendors who were mostly selling flowers, a welcome smell after the meat market and fish booths! My shopping excursion over, I went to City Cafe to have a cappuccino. I drank, relaxed, and read my e-book on my iPod. Then I went to the grocery store in the basement of the mall to pick up a couple things for dinner tonight and for Vladik this week. The last stop on my Sunday run was to go to Two Geese for lunch where I had some kind of pork/chicken barbeque meatloaf and seasoned potatoes. Not too bad a lunch. Then I came back home and made this video from my balcony (which is actually not posting right now so I will try and post it separately). The only exciting thing left on my Sunday agenda is to dye my hair. I meant to do it before I left to come to Ukraine but couldn't find the time... and now... all I have is time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment