Thursday, March 10, 2011

Great LONG visit at the orphanage today

Here is Vladik working on the robotic bird kit I brought for us to build today.
This is Ruslan and Roman, the twins who I got a package from today to send to their American Mom and Pop.
This is Vlad who I also got a back of stuff to send to his American Mom and Pop when I get home. These kids were so excited with the chance to send something back to America to their host parents.
My silly kid trying on my glasses. Pretty goofy looking! I was at the orphanage from 10am until 3pm today! I brought Vladik lunch today because yesterday he actually refused to go to lunch. He said "this lunch (pointing over to the building where they eat lunch) yucky!" I think he is OVER this orphanage food and ready for some good ole Southern America food (and cheeseburgers!) Also, Vladik explained to his friend Toilik that he needed to call me a Goober. Now this is something we call Vladik from time to time when we are being silly and now he turned it around on me! So Toilik, who knows very little English, proceeded to call me a Goober over the next few hours every time he saw me. I don't think I have ever enjoyed being taunted and name-called so much ever before!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,

    Thank you sooo much for including the photo of Vlad and bringing back a letter for us. Please send us an e-mail at stillriver_1610@yahoo.com and I will send you our address in Maine!! So happy to hear that everything is on track with your trip!! Kim and Bill

    ReplyDelete