Saturday, February 26, 2011

Last night and today's visit with Vladik

 
This is video of a small part of our drive home from the orphanage everyday just so you can see what we see everyday. Tomorrow we plan to do a little sight seeing around LuHansk because we will not be able to visit Vladik for very long. Pictures and videos to come!

Getting suited up to go out to dinner last night at Mario's Pizza. It is less than a half-mile walk but it is SOOO cold here at night. I look like the younger brother in Christmas Story... I know... "I can't put my arms down!"

My pizza. Ordered enough to take home for leftovers obviously.

My dinner date...

This was supposed to be Keith's pizza but he thought he was ordering a pizza that had only meat, instead this one had onions and hot peppers too. NOT something Keith would eat so I ate it and picked the mushrooms off of mine so he could eat mine! Isn't he so lucky that I will eat just about any kind of food!

This is how pleased he was (NOT) about ordering the wrong pizza. Well if only the menu were in English...

Hanging out with Vladik today. I took this picture because I was so excited to see him in clean clothes. For at least the past 10 days he has been wearing the same outfit and it continued to get dirtier and dirtier. But apparently clothes are kept under lock and key so he only gets to change when he is given clean clothes to change into. I brought about 2 outfits for Vladik to wear on the last few days that we are here that he will be with me (because he will not be allowed to leave with any clothes I assume). But I knew that if I brought clothes in for him to change into that they would become orphanage property and I would not see them again so I have been biting my tongue seeing him in the same clothes for 10 days! On a related note, yesterday he asked for me to bring nail clippers to clean out under his nails. I brought them today and he was so excited to clean under his nails and to clip them.

taking a pic of himself :)

As we were leaving he went to play outside with a friend.

Finishing the Fanta we brought him so he could sled on the ice.

Here he goes!

2 comments:

  1. The younger kids wear the same outfit all week. Then the outfits are washed on the weekends and given back to the kids to start the cycle over again. He may or may not have the exact same outfit, but whatever he wears on Monday will be what he wears for the entire week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes sense now. I know it seems silly but it really bothers me to see him in the same clothes day after day, especially when I watched him spill Sprite on his shirt or fall and dirty the knees of his pants the day or two before. Plus they were getting a bit stinky by yesterday... but only a couple more weeks and then I can make him wear clean clothes EVERY day! :)

    ReplyDelete