Tuesday, January 25, 2011

12 days until we leave...

So we fly to Ukraine in just 12 days! Sometimes 12 days seems like an eternity to wait because we have been working towards this day for 5 months but sometimes (like tonight) 12 days doesn't seen like nearly enough time to do everything I have to do before we leave. So this blog post becomes the list (that Heather always says I should make) of things I need to do: ***Clearly my time is better spent blogging about what I need to do as opposed to actually doing it :)
1. Finish putting together my notebook of calculus teaching material for my supply teacher (10+ hours of work still needed).
2. Buy 70 cans of tennis balls for the Wheeler tennis teams.
3. Develop an agenda for the parent info meeting for the Wheeler girls' tennis team.
4. Vaccuum... 'nuff said.
5. Buy some clothes for trip (like non-descript dark pants that I can fit long johns underneath.... my skinny jeans don't work... however they would look totally cute with my fab new snow boots).
6. Buy some gifts for various people in Ukraine.
7. Mail a letter or two to Vladik. Sometimes I forget he doesn't know we are coming so he needs to get some letters from us in the interim to know we love him.
8. Create a photo book to take to Ukraine.
9. Fill out some paperwork for American embassy in Kiev.
9.5. Watch the Australian Open finals.
10. Drive to Lawrenceville-ish to pick up check from Promise 686 grant.
11. Deposit check immediately and request crisp, new bills in given denominations to be picked up from the bank on the Friday before we leave.
12. Send an email to my neighbors and friends giving them all appropriate contact info for me and for Jackson who will be staying with my parents.
13. Stop worrying about leaving Jackson for 5 weeks. It can't be changed, he will be okay, and I am still a good mom.
14. Eat at Wild Wings at least once before we leave. Who knows what I will be eating for the next 5 weeks?!?!
15. Get a copy of Jackson's physical to turn in for LAX.
16. Pay life insurance.... this seems pretty important given the fact that we will be on a plane for 16 hours...
17. Visit my wonderful Papa in his rehab center.
18. Tell my friends and family that I LOVE THEM AND THANK THEM FOR ALL THEIR SUPPORT OVER THESE PAST FEW MONTHS!!!

2 comments:

  1. 19. Meet Heather to drop off Shirley in Ringold, GA. (SORRY!)

    But on the plus side, looks like #2, 5, 6 can all be combined to be a trip to Target. Don't stress too much, you will get done the things that HAVE to be done in time, even if it means losing some sleep and working too hard for a bit. It'll be worth it in the end. I wish I was closer to help you get this stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are glad to help with jackson, he is welcome to hang out over here...I miss seeing him. I loved seeing vlad and shirlene on the trampoline they were sooo cute in Jan. Have a good trip- I am trying to get some magazines together for you..
    xoxo Jonna

    ReplyDelete